Prior to filming it's a good idea to think about what you would like to record. That's not to say you need to have a script by any means. The Legacy Project team is here to help remove barriers from filming videos, not create them. This video is really for you to express and record whatever is meaningful to you and your family. The Legacy Project team will facilitate and make sure the video gets done, but you drive the content. Here are a few ideas and common topics to get the juices flowing:
- Where did you grow up?
- What was your childhood like?
- What are some of the most important lessons you have learned in life?
- What are you most proud of?
- What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?
- Is there something about yourself that you think no one knows?
- Who has been the most important person in your life? Can you tell me about him or her?
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
- Are there any funny stories your family tells about you that come to mind?
- What are your dreams for your children?
- For your great great grandchildren listening to this years from now: is there any wisdom you’d want to pass on to them? What would you want them to know?
If you decide to film a LP video, we will send you a more comprehensive list of questions and help you chose meaningful areas for you. Feel free to include family members in your video and collect any memorabilia or old photographs you'd like recorded.